Wednesday, July 26, 2006
_The Job Search Ends

I'm in a good mood and I've got money in my pocket. :-)

I had two interviews today, and two job offers. I took one of them, the one with the decathlon-like application/interview process. It was kind of surreal, actually. The guy called me in to do a face-to-face interview, and he started talking about the work that they do, then he goes, "Can you start tomorrow?" And I'm all in my head going, "HUH??" Then I go, "Well, I've already got stuff going on this week, but I can start Tuesday." Then he goes, "Then Tuesday it is."

So I'll be working at unnamed software start-up starting Tuesday, doing some kind of web or PHP development. It's kind of exciting, actually, because the projects usually last 4-8 weeks, but they're all big contracts with big companies.

So there you have it. It's been about 10 weeks since I started looking, and I estimated 6-8 weeks to get an offer. Not too bad, if I do say so.


Comments:

 
Congrats!

Back to the desk job ... and the meetings ... and the managers ... and the deadlines ... and I can't forget the most important thing .... the regular (good) paycheck!

Way to go, hope you have fun, and I look forward to hearing how you like working for a startup.


 
Thanks! :-)

The great thing about unnamed software start-up is that everyone's either really really technical or pretty darn technical, including the secretary/sales/marketing girl. So I won't see the non-technical-manager problem or the stupid-executive dilemma. And all the technical people there are coders. They write code. Coding is what they do. I'm really excited about getting back into that environment.


 
what? no testers? ;)


 
Deep down inside, we are all testers. ;-)


 
then that means, deep down inside we all hate testing. b/c the developers at 'unnamed tech company' shivers at the term test.


Post a Comment

<< Home