Monday, August 14, 2006
_Summer

It's August. It's "hotter 'n Hades", as some might say. Almost a week straight of 100+ degrees Fahrenheit.

It's prohibitively hot here in unnamed mid-size metropolis. I can't really work a whole lot outside without taking my CamelBak hydration pack. On the other hand, it's the perfect time of year for floating down a cold, lazy river on a tube. Or hiking to a remote artesian spring for a swim. Or staying inside with a tall glass of iced tea and a set of Battlestar Galactica DVDs.

Fall kite season is starting soon. And now that I have weekends off again, I'll be able to take full advantage of the late summer and autumn winds. There's nothing like the feeling of cruising across a wide open field, 2 inches of air and several millimeters of Nylon fabric between you and the scratchy grass, sailing at a brisk 25+ mph, powered by nothing but the wind. Yeah, baby...!


Comments:

 
If you come down to extremely large unnamed metropolis for some kiting let me know. I'm up for hanging out some.


Post a Comment

<< Home