Friday, August 04, 2006
_New Job, Week 1

It's Friday, the beginning of the end of the first week of the new job.

It's been nice here at unnamed software start-up. Here's my typical day:


  1. Come in.

  2. Sit down.

  3. Collect my thoughts.

  4. Code.

  5. Realize that I'm hungry (after 3-4 hours of coding).

  6. Eat while coding.

  7. Code some more.

  8. Realize it's time to go home.

  9. Go home.



It's nice to be able to code for more than an hour at a time without being interrupted with meetings I didn't have to be at, or questions that have no business being asked. We know code and that's all we do. In 3 days I've written over 3000 lines of code. At unnamed technology company, I'd be doing good if I could write 1000 lines in a week. What's up with that?

Anyway, I get home, I'm tired, but there's a feeling of accomplishment, like I've done something with my life, rather than having thrown it away on pointless meetings and projects that we know are going to the rubbish heap.


Comments:

 
that sounds like my typical day. my new dept is very different from all others. we don't have unrealistic schedules, we don't have 300 ppl touching the code, it's just 2. me and my lead.

but my back is starting to hurt more. i forget to walk around since i'm contantly coding.


 
u know a place eh? would this happen to be the same place where u're working at?


Post a Comment

<< Home