Sunday, March 05, 2006
_Ten Years

I just got an e-mail invitation to my 10-year high school reunion in June.

I'm still undecided whether I'll go. There aren't a lot of people I really want to see, nor do I really care to see them. The people I want to see I see (or at least talk to) all the time. The only reason I'd go is to catch up with a few people I never see.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who are curious as to my whereabouts. When last they saw me, I was headed off to University to become a filthy rich computer programmer. So much for that. The only reason I'd go is to show them how interesting and exciting my life has been.

A lot of people when last I saw them were headed off to University to study various and sundry subjects. I've heard through the grapevine about some of them, how they changed majors multiple times and eventually graduated, how they got married and settled down, how they graduated but couldn't find a job. The only reason I'd go is to see where people have been and how they ended up there.