Monday, March 06, 2006
_New Domain

Woohoo! I have a new domain over at fire-bottle.net. Nothing special there yet, but I will be updating the look and feel at some point.

Why fire-bottle.net? It's pretty simple, really:


  1. In this day and age, where smaller is not always better, sometimes you have to go old-school.

  2. A firebottle is computer slang for what, in British-English, is known as a valve, or in American-English, is known as a vacuum tube. (See bullet A.)

  3. I like the combination of the phonemes, and the meter of the syllables.

  4. My previous web host was slacking majorly from the start, and it was time to review my subscription anyway.

  5. And firebottle.net was already taken.



So there it is. In the tradition of my computer-themed web presence, I thought it fitting to select a domain along that vein.