Monday, February 13, 2006
_Inquiring Minds Want To Know...

Seems the question on everyone's mind is, "How's school?"

Well, I'll tell you. I haven't started classes yet. I haven't enrolled in classes yet. I haven't applied to culinary school yet. And I don't have a housemate yet.

"When???"

Not anytime soon. As it turns out, being head chef is a really tough job, especially since I really have no idea what I'm doing. Which means that until I figure this out, and until we hire more chefs, I'm working a lot of overtime just to keep up with my constantly growing to-do list. It generally leaves about 8 hours for sleeping (which isn't too bad actually), but between work and my other weekly commitments, I don't have a lot of time to myself except for Sunday nights, which I spend doing laundry and watching Grey's Anatomy.

I feel peaceful about not going to school yet, and I feel peaceful about not having a housemate yet. My place for some indeterminate length of time is at the coffee shop.

So there you have it. And that's the way it is.

Now, I have expressed to one close friend that if I turn 30, and I haven't gone to culinary school yet, he has my full permission and blessing to come to my house and kick my sorry bum for being a slacker. I am hereby extending this invitation to all you loyal readers.