Wednesday, February 15, 2006
_Go, Team!

That went well.

A couple of minor crises in the kitchen, and a couple of minor crises in the dining room, but all in all the dinner was a great success. I was coming up on my 15th hour at work before I finally got the kitchen secured and was able to go home. We had a total of 36 diners, 8 of them whom I know personally. I was very pleased that they could come.

As far as the food goes, everything turned out well, except (in my opinion) the chicken and potatoes. Dry they were. But that's OK. I only heard one complaint of dry chicken, so I assume everyone else loved it. People seemed to really enjoy the salmon, and the cucumber appetizer was well received, especially by one woman in particular, who asked for extra balsamic sauce (used for garnishing the plate), and who I would believe also asked for seconds. The chocolate crème brûlée was a big hit, but I personally think they missed out on the fruit cocktail.

We had a most awesome team working last night. Everyone was doing their job quickly and accurately, and there is no possible way the evening would have worked if any single person slacked off. The kitchen was a madhouse (if you've seen my kitchen you'd understand), but even with 5 of us back there, things ran very smoothly.

This gives me confidence in our ability to cater for weddings in the future. With the proper equipment and facilities, I think our team could easily handle a 150-guest reception.