Thursday, December 15, 2005
_One!

I have one day left in this radiation-saturated, carcinogenic laboratory.

I feel a little better. I think I'm just dehydrated. I drank 2 liters of water last night after I got home, then I drank 2 more this morning while at the coffee shop. Unfortunately, I left my water bottle in the car as I sit here wiping hard disks. I guess I could run down and get it.

Today, I'm sending my desktop machines to the IT guys for storage, and an old laptop to surplus. I'm having fun writing zeros to all the hard disks. It's kind of like closure. I don't need any of these carefully arranged magnetic bits anymore, so I line them all up in the same direction.

Nervous? Most defintely. The uncertainty has my stomach all tied up in knots. "What if I'm making a mistake?" "What if it doesn't work out?" "What if I'm doing the wrong thing?" I have a tendency to second-guess myself, and if there's anything that I should second-guess, this should be it. Too late to back out now. I'm committed up to my eyeballs. Hopefully I'm not in over my head.