Monday, April 18, 2005
_Lightly Toasted

This past weekend, I went to the second big kite festival of the year in this area. Two days of fun in the sun and wind. I probably should have put on sunscreen for Saturday, but I did remember to put it on for Sunday. I'm not so much sunburnt as "lightly toasted". Mmm... radiation... ahhh....

The winds were plenty nice. Saturday was gusty and shifty, but Sunday proved to be much better. A stiff breeze from the South and Southeast, 10 to 15 mph. The field we were at was pretty hilly and bumpy, but with the right size of kite and those 20 mph gusts, it was no trouble getting up the hill and cruising at 35 mph to the other end of the field in the buggy. I also had the pleasure of teaching a couple of guys how to fly their newly-acquired Revolution SLE Vented. When I left them yesterday, they were well on their way to Greatness.

I think this year's kite festival circuit will be a good one. There's one in June that looks like it'll be fun. The World's Largest Kite (no joke) will be making an appearance, and on top of that it's the inaugural event for that particular festival. I'm going to try to go to that one. They say the buggy field is nice at that park.