Wednesday, March 02, 2005
_Fifteen Minutes

I get my fifteeen minutes of fame this week.

The local news station is doing a series of spots for the big local kite festival coming up this weekend. Several of us from the local kite club got together yesterday afternoon to tape some kite demonstrations, and some of us are getting up early on Friday to do some live shots.

If you live where I live (you know who you are), turn on the cable channel 8 news on Friday morning between 6 and 8am, and you'll probably see us do our stuff in the "Fit for Friday" segments. It'll probably be on the news channel's web site too, so you can also look for us there.

UPDATE (2005 Mar 04, 10:22am): Well, that went pretty well. The little video montage they put together was pretty cool. We did three live spots very early this morning, and taped a short bit they'll show all day long. As it turns out, I'm good at public speaking only if I already know what I'm going to say. Live interviews... not so much. :-P Maybe I'll leave those to everyone else...