Saturday, February 26, 2005
_"I summon the Iron Chefs!"

I had this wacky dream last night. I dreamed I was a challenger on Iron Chef. I don't remember who I was going up against though.

"We unveil the ingredient! LEMONS!" Yeah, it's kinda lame. Not like "SPINY LOBSTER" or "ASPARAGUS". But whatever.

Anyway, so I get started cooking (keep in mind, I'm a pastry chef challenger), and I'm having chef's block. Can't figure out what to make with lemons. Though being a pastry chef, my first idea is to make a lemon chiffon pie. But you can't win on Iron Chef with just a lemon chiffon pie. So I tried to put something together with some kind of lemon-herb roasted chicken. It took me a while to figure out what to do with the lemon-herb roasted chicken, and that unfortunately took almost all of my time. I was really sad that I didn't have time to make the lemon chiffon pie, and all I had to offer was two servings of lemon-herb roasted chicken (far short of the required five or six servings). I think most of the problem was that I didn't have any sous chefs helping me.

Anyway, I think I woke up before the verdict was announced, but I quickly fell asleep again, and in that dream I was once again an Iron Chef challenger, and the first thing I did was make a lemon merengue pie. (Oddly enough, the theme ingredient was again lemons.) Then I woke up again and rolled out of bed (it was time to get up).