Monday, December 06, 2004
_Green is the Color of Productivity

At least that's what they tell us.

My company hired an interior designer to redecorate the buildings in an effort to improve morale. I'm not so sure it's working.

Each floor of my building is a different color. 6th floor is purple, 4th floor is blue, 3rd floor is red. My floor, 5th, is green. Of course, color doesn't make an ounce of difference with the harsh flourescent lighting that washes out all traces of color in anything exposed to the intense rays. It's like ionizing radiation for colors. It strips hue instead of electrons.

The green is not so bad, though it can really only be described as hospital scrub green. It kind of reminds me of being in the hospital, complete with back pain, but alas, no morphine.

Somehow, we paid someone big bucks to come up with this new design, and I'm not convinced we got our money's worth. And don't get me started on the new optical illusion carpet. I get a headache just thinking about it. It's worse when you're trying to walk on it....